Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top 5 Reasons Why Task Management Apps Suck!

I really tried depending on those time and task management apps to prioritize what I have to do for the week, but it just got me nowhere. Here are the top 5 reasons why I hate those apps so much.

  1. I have to insert every single task myself: What's the point of typing up every task myself if I could forget to do that anyways. It's just very time consuming and inefficient 
  2. Mobile platforms are just not ready yet: Maybe that's just my general frustration at iOS, but I just can't keep up with my tasks using my ipod touch, it just doesn't work. iOS 5 has been a major upgrade when it comes to notifications, but why can't I cross out any task that I've done right from the notification center. Why can't I actually prioritize my tasks and let them appear in order when I swipe down the notification center. Lots of missing features -specifically in iOS- are sufficient to bring any task management app down. I'm not an android user, but I don't think it's a very different story
  3. Missing lots of features: Yea pretty much what's been mentioned in the previous point, but I think that they just lack this artificial intelligence features that would really help me remember every single task. Yes they let me take audio notes and capture pictures, but I'd like to see those apps take those features to the next level, I want them to understand my life and be customized accordingly. Every picture that I take could be automatically categorized without me doing it for example and maybe later popping up on my phone to remind me?!
4&5: Well I think the previous points pretty much cover everything. Don't you think?

Wait for another post with what I'd like to see in task management apps, where I'll be elaborating more on what's been mentioned here. Make sure to leave your comments and let me know if you find task management apps of any benefit to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment